Friday, November 1, 2013

Copyright Courage

(Title is a transformative use of Ken's question, "Do we have the courage “to take defensible positions on the use of copyrighted materials and contribute to the evolution of this issue in our time.”)

     I had the courage to leave to security and comfort of a teaching job in Cheyenne, Wyoming to attend UMO for my master's, knowing I might have to live out of my car while I looked for a place to live.
Although the sleeping quarters were tight,
it wasn't a bad place to call home
 
     It took courage to ski Black Diamond trails, run marathons, get married. I have courage to scale the Knife's Edge, fight cancer, have kids. I have the courage to teach.


Not quite the verbose valor of Parker J. Palmer, but the simple courage of showing up, in the present moment, every day. 

But am I brave enough to use copyrighted materials in the classroom? 
That is the question?


No comments:

Post a Comment